Sunday, February 21, 2016

2016 Love-A-Thon :: Mix & Match

The Love-A-Thon is up & running--and goinʻ strong! Check out my introduction post for more info about what the Love-A-Thon is and all that jazz. Now itʻs time for my first Mini Challenge--a bit late because, you know, LIFE...but here it is!

The Challenge: We all love books, but there are other things weʻre passionate about too! Mash-up a non-bookish hobby/passion/talent/fandom with your bookish life. Do it through pho1tos, art, videos, etc. Get as creative as you like!

My favorite thing, aside from reading, is DISNEY. I love all things Disney--the movies, the music, the parks, the merchandise...everything! I even worked at Disney through the Disney College Program for a few months back in 2013. Basically, Disney is LIFE. For my challenge, Iʻll be singling out a few of my favorite Princesses (and probably a fairy) and recommending some books for them.


Rapunzel --> Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon

Rapunzel is my number one truest of all true loves, favorite princess of all time. Sheʻs smart and a little sassy. Sheʻs daring and brave, but a little shy. Sheʻs so, so creative. And most of all, sheʻs kind enough to always see the good in others. In so many ways, sheʻs everything Iʻm not and everything I wish that I could be. Anyway, for Miss Punzie, I would recommend the book Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon. There are a lot of themes in this book that Rapunzel could relate to--being stuck inside of the house all her life (or tower...same thing), meeting a strange boy and falling in love (FLYNN RIDER <3), and wanting to know what more is out there in the world. I really enjoyed Everything, Everything and I think itʻs one Punzie would have liked, too!

Bonus Picture of me with Rapunzel & Flynn back in 2013!

Belle --> The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins

Tying with Rapunzel for first in the favorite princess category is every bookish girlʻs favorite Princess, Belle! I canʻt remember a time in my life when I havenʻt loved Belle...I mean, even as a child my bedroom was Beauty & the Beast themed and Belle has been a constant fixture in my life ever since. Anyway, this one couldʻve been easy since we know that Belleʻs favorite book is one with far off places, daring sword fights, magic spells, and a prince is disguise but I wanted to be a little different. I think Belle would love The Hunger Games trilogy by Susan Collins because thereʻs a little bit of everything that Belle enjoys...minus the magic spells.


 
Ariel --> Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins

Rounding out my top three favorite Disney Princesses is the Little Mermaid aka Ariel! She is my favorite character to meet at the Disney parks because itʻs always fun to swim under the sea to visit her...sheʻs so bubbly and sweet and so much fun! Whenever I think of Ariel, I think of romance which is why I think Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins would be the perfect book for Ariel. I think sheʻd love Isla and Joshʻs story and all the happy beginnings and endings. This is definitely a book that she would gush over for days.

 
Tinker Bell --> Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard

I couldnʻt make a Disney themed list without my main fairy and all time favorite Disney character, Tinker Bell! Fun Fact: Did you know that Tink was part of the original Disney Princess line up before Disney franchised the fairies and gave her all her own products/franchise stuff? Cool, huh? Anyway, Tinker Bell, in her essence, is sassy and sheʻs mean sometimes (especially to stupid Wendy birds). She has a short temper and she gets jealous easily. But sheʻs a loyal friend to Peter Pan (and to her fairy friends at Pixie hollow). For her, I would recommend Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. Mare Barrow is sassy and sheʻs mean sometimes...she definitely has a short temper but she is loyal to the people that she loves. Tink would relate well to Mare.


Thatʻs it for this challenge! Do you like Disney? Who is your favorite Disney character? What books would you recommend for any character on this list...or of your choosing? Iʻd love to hear your opinions in the comments!

1 comments:

  1. Rapunzel is SO cute!! I loved Tangled. Such a cute, cute movie!! *Cue Flynn's adorable face* lol!! I'm a HUGE Fan of the Red Queen series. Loved every single page of Glass Sword! Awesome book/series!

    ReplyDelete