Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Top 10 Tuesday: 10 Best Books Read in 2015

2015 was a pretty freakinʻ awesome year as far as books go (and as far as life goes, but this is a post about books, not life, so yeah...). I read 70 books this year, not counting re-reads, exceeding my 2015 goal by 20 books and counting. Iʻm hoping Iʻll finish up one or two before the year ends but if I donʻt, Iʻm still pretty proud of myself.

Iʻm linking up today with the Broke and the Bookish for Top 10 Tuesday. This weekʻs topic is all about the best books I read in 2015. Most, but not all, of these books were published in 2015 however, books published in 2015 were not a require for this list. These books earned 4.5 stars or higher on my personal rating on Goodreads. And here we go!

Top 10 Best Books I Read in 2015


01. All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven -- All the Bright Places seems to be the break out book of 2015 and for good reason, too. This was a beautiful, heart wrenching book that made me think and cry. Also, I was 4 months prego when I read this book, so the crying may have something to do with that. Seriously, though, donʻt read this book when youʻre pregnant..haha.

02. We Should Hang Out Sometime by Josh Sundquist -- When I picked this up, I really just wanted a quick, light read and Iʻm surprised that I actually loved it! Josh is so funny and his stories from his dating life not only made me squirm a little (because of the awkwardness) but it made me reminisce about my own dating life...you know, when that was a thing.

03. 99 Days by Katie Cotugno -- Katie Cotugno re-established herself as one of my favorite authors this year with 99 Days. I loved her first book, How To Love, so getting this one as soon as it came out was a no brainer. I thought that I wouldnʻt like it at first because Iʻm not big on the whole love triangle thing, but this book is seriously adorable. And it helped me out of a serious reading slump. Thanks, Katie!


04. Winter by Marissa Meyer -- This was just the perfect ending to a perfect series. Thatʻs all I have to say about that. (Seriously, it tied up all of the loose ends in the Lunar Chronicles. It was full of action and romance. It was just a good way to end the Lunar Chroncles).

05. The Bassoon King: My Life in Art, Faith, and Idiocy by Rainn Wilson -- Iʻm just gonna say it--this is my favorite book of 2015. Seriously. And itʻs not just because I love Rainn Wilson as Dwight Schrute on The Office, my favorite show of all time. Itʻs because this book was brilliant. Rainn is smart, funny, and a man of faith. He was interesting and that came across so well in his writing. I read a lot of memoirs and often get bored because the author just doesnʻt connect to the audience. That was no problem for me while reading this book. It helps that Mr. Dwight Schrute himself made some cameos, too!

06. Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz -- When I finished this book, my first thought was ʻwhy in the world did I wait so long?ʻ  Seriously, this has been on my TBR forever but I finally got around to it this year and I loved it. The story was beautiful. The writing and prose was breathtaking. Perfect book is perfect.


07. On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta -- I cried all the tears. Thatʻs it.

08. Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff -- WHY DID I CHOOSE TO START THIS TRILOGY BEFORE THE ENTIRE THING CAME OUT? I donʻt know...I really donʻt. I hate when I start a series and all the books arenʻt out yet...and yet I do it anyway because I am a masochist. And yep. Anyway...this book was so intriguing, I barely slept for the four days it took me to read this book. I dreamt this book. And it was freaking crazy. I loved the format (the story is told in dossier form, through hacked e-mails, military files, IMs, medical reports, video transcripts, and more). And the ending...OH MY HECK.


09. Carry On by Rainbow Rowell -- Simon Snow and Baz...need I say more?

10. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard -- Yet another one of those series that I started this year that were brand new and beautiful. And did I mention new? Anyway, I honestly donʻt normally like these types of books--too much gore for me. Victoria Aveyard, however, is a wonderful author and it was her writing and her brilliant story that dragged me in.

These are just a small fraction of some of my favorite 2015 reads. What are yours?

2 comments:

  1. I've heard awesome things about Jellicoe Road. I need to read that one soon! And Winter! I've only read Cinder and Scarlet so I have some catching up to do before I'll get to that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the bright places steered up so many feeling for me as well, and On the Jellicoe road had me crying (topic too close to home). Great list!! Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete