Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Bookish (& Not So Bookish) Thoughts

Bookish (& Not-So-Bookish) Thoughts is a weekly meme hosted by Christine over at Bookishly Boisterous. Head on over to link up and join in on the conversation!


1. Lately, Iʻve been feeling like my whole life is in a slump. My anxiety has been pretty active lately. Anxiety = Me feeling like Iʻm a bad mom/fiance/person = Borderline depression = Makes everything else worse. I know that I just need to "ride this wave" but itʻs still so hard. Especially with certain things that have been going on lately. I am holding on for the light at the end of the tunnel.

2. All of this anxiety has contributed to why I havenʻt been around the blog lately. I try to do this post at the very least, but I wasnʻt even really in much of a mood to write this post out. Ah well...weʻre already here, so I may as well push on through! But if I donʻt/havenʻt been commenting on blog posts as much as I usually do, now you know why.

3. Now is the time that I would usually share what Iʻm currently reading, but I donʻt think Iʻm actually reading much of anything right now. Nothing really has caught my attention lately. Huh...weird. I think Iʻm gonna have to browse the Nook store to find something that does catch my interest.

4. I just finished reading The Love That Split the World by Emily Henry and I really enjoyed it. It wasnʻt quite what I was expecting, but it was good nonetheless.

5. Little Miss received a whole bunch of books in her Easter baskets, but her favorite thus far is Too Purpley by Jean Reidy. Itʻs perfect for my girl who hates wearing clothes...haha! I want to get the rest of the books in the collection. My Aunty did good!


6. Itʻs Merrie Monarch week in Hawaii! Merrie Monarch is a Hula exhibition/competition held every spring in Hawaii to celebrate Hula and King David Kalakaua, the Hawaiian king who brought Hula back into the mainstream after the dance was almost lost to Christian missionaries (interesting story-you should look it up!). Hula girls are a real thing, yʻall! But they donʻt belong dancing on your dashboard in coconut bras and grass skirts. Check out the video above to see real hula girls in their element.

7. Iʻm actually feeling a little better after writing this post. Thank you for reading my blog. Knowing that there are people out there who care what I have to say (even when I donʻt have much to say at all) makes me feel a lot better. If youʻve gotten this far leave a comment telling me what words of wisdom you tell yourself when you need some encouraging -- I could really use it!

8. Another thing that made me feel better today: I stopped by my old job today and was able to visit with my old co-workers and kids--with the kiddo in tow. I miss them so much! And being surrounded by people I love lifted my spirits so much.

9. I have been thinking about pre-school and teaching so much lately. I love being a stay at home mom and know that, right now, that is what is best for baby & I. But I canʻt help but miss my kiddos and being in the classroom. I feel like thereʻs something so special about being a teacher to these young souls. Plus, the classroom was always my happy place--there was never a bad mood that couldnʻt be fixed by a smiling kid.

10. Since Iʻm in between books right now, I need some suggestions! What are some books that youʻve read (recently or otherwise) that you really, really enjoyed?



0 comments:

Post a Comment