Sunday, January 31, 2016

January Recap & Looking Ahead to February

Can you believe that itʻs the end of January already? On the one hand, it seems like it went on forever but on the other, it went by too freaking fast. Ah well...letʻs see what went on around here this month!

I Read...

I read 13 books this month! Iʻll link to my weekly mini reviews later in this post with links to each of the books I read.

Emmy & Oliver by Robin Benway
Pretending to Be Erica  by Michelle Painchaud
The Shock of the Fall by Nathan Filer
Trouble Is A Friend of Mine by Stephanie Tromly
Soundless by Richelle Mead
Donʻt Look Back by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Amazing Fantastic Incredible: A Marvelous Memoir by Stan Lee
The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay
Golden by Jessi Kirby
The Walls Around Us by Nova Ren Suma
The Nanny Diaries by Emma McLaughlin & Nicola Kraus
Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin
Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen.

Mini Book Reviews: One - Two - Three

I Watched...

I spent a lot of time binge watching Jane the Virgin, Grandfathered, and the Goldbergs. What can I say? Iʻm addicted

I also spent loads of time on booktube! Shout out to my favorite booktubers: JessetheReader, Katytastic, Abookutopia, Polandbananasbooks, and Benjaminoftomes

What were your favorite shows to watch this month? Do you have any favorite booktubers not on my list? Share please!

Reading Challenges...
I havenʻt had the chance to update my reading challenges yet so I think that will come in a later post. But I am 5 books ahead of my Goodreads Challenge, so go me

Our Family...

This month we did a lot of hanging out. Honey enjoyed playing in her pool play pen:


And she hit six months! I canʻt believe itʻs been  six months with this cute kid already (which also means that this blog is six months old, too!). She is a funny kid with so much personality. I love watching her grow every single day.


We went on our first library adventure since the kid was born. And I might have gone a bit overboard. Whoops!


I celebrated my 26th birthday with an entire birthday weekend! Here,honey and I are checking out a cute little koi pond at Disney Aulani where we had dinner on night one of my birthday weekend.

Book Haul

This month, I got a grand total of 4 books! Definitely not as much as some months, but still good (and probably a good thing since Iʻm not supposed to be buying too many books).

Truthwitch by Susan Dennard came in my Uppercase box this month.
Worlds of Ink and Shadow by Lena Coakley was part of the OwlCrate box this month.
Joshua picked Passenger by Alexandra Bracken and An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir as his birthday present to me. He done good!

Looking Ahead...

February is going to be such an exciting month!! My aunty and cousin will be visiting us for a week...we havenʻt seen them in a year and this will be Honeyʻs first time meeting them! I canʻt wait to go on all kinds of adventures with them. Weʻre currently planning on going hiking, to the beach, and to the pool.

Iʻm also looking forward to Fat Tuesday on February 9...mostly because itʻs also known as Malasada Day here in Hawaii...and I love me some Malasadas (Iʻll be doing a how to make Malasadas post then!)

I finally have an appointment to go and pick out my bridesmaids dress this month, too! I am definitely looking forward to checking out dresses!

We currently donʻt have any Valentineʻs Day plans, but weʻll see what happens.

And who else is so, so excited for leap day?! I know I am!

Books Iʻm Looking Forward to: 
The Siren by Kiera Cass (this actually came out on January 26 but they wonʻt have it at my Target until next week so...yeah)
Stars Above by Marissa Meyer (February 2....and already preordered!)
Salt to the Sea by Ruta Septys (February 2)
Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard (February 9)
The Girl from Everywhere by Heidi Heilig (February 16)



What were your highlights this month? What are you looking forward to next month--reading wise or personally?

0 comments:

Post a Comment