Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Top 10 Tuesday: Books I Wouldnʻt Mind Santa Leaving Under My Tree this Year

Dear Santa,

Hi! Itʻs me, Tasia. I know itʻs been a while since we talked last but Iʻm back...for a while at least. And no this  isnʻt one of those talk-only-cause-weʻre-friends friendships, I promise. Iʻm seriously here for the long term.

Anyway, my friends over at the Broke and the Bookish inspired me to write this list and Iʻm hoping youʻll deliver...so here are the 10 books that I wouldnʻt mind seeing under my tree on Christmas morning...or even on my Nook if youʻd rather not lug books around...Now, keep in mind that I have like 5 million (exaggeration) books on my TBR so Iʻm kinda giving you a break here, dude!

1. Welcome to Night Vale by Joseph Fink & Jeffrey Cranor. Iʻve been wanting this book for a long time and I finally saw it in person yesterday--the cover is so freaking gorgeous. Yes, Santa, I judge books by their covers sometimes. Also, it sounds amazing.

2. The Bassoon King: My Life in Art, Faith, and Idiocy by Rainn Wilson. I actually read this book recently and became obsessed with it, which is why I need a physical copy for my bookshelf.

3. My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You Sheʻs Sorry by Fredrik Backman. This book has some pretty amazing reviews on Goodreads and it just sounds like my kind of book. Iʻm  sure itʻll be one of the first books I read in 2016.

4. The Crossroads of Should and Must: Find and Follow Your Passion by Elle Luna. This one has been on my list for quite some time but I just havenʻt gotten around to it yet...I think the end of the year/beginning of a new year is the perfect time to read it, though.

5. The Fold by Peter Clines. Honestly, this seems more like a Josh story than a Tasia story, but one of my goals this year is to get him to read more. I think if reading this together might be interesting and it would certainly give us something else to bond over.

6. A Spool of Blue Thread by Anne Tyler. I am so intrigued by the premise of a story about a family in multiple generations. Iʻve always been interested in family history and just families in general (random fact: before I settled on teaching, I was studying family counseling), so this book seems like it would be right up my alley. Itʻs another one that I hope to read in early 2016.

7. The Ice Twins by S.K. Tremayne. I came across this book while I was voting for the Goodreads year end awards...or whatever itʻs called...and Iʻm kinda (really) freaked out by this book. But I have to read it because I need to know the resolution...but Iʻm pretty sure that itʻll keep me up all night from fear.

8. Donʻt Ever Change by M. Beth Bloom. This has been on my TBR since I made my 2015 TBR list last year, unfortunately, I didnʻt get around to it this year.

9. The Queen of Bright and Shiny Things by Ann Aguirre. Yet another 2015 TBR list read that I didnʻt get to...which really bums me out because I wanted to read it so badly. Hopefully, itʻll be gifted to me so I can finally read it.

10. Vanished by E. E. Cooper.  I borrowed this book from the library 3 times this year, but I just didnʻt get to read it. The first time was because I was crazy busy with work. The second time was because I gave birth and couldnʻt read it because of the baby. The third time we were going through a growth spurt so I barely had time to sit, much less to read a book. But I want to read this sooo bad....both because of the story itself and because of the author.

So Santa-dude, think you can get at least 2 (or 5...or 10) of these babies under my Christmas tree? I would love it!

Thank you!
-Tasia

0 comments:

Post a Comment