Tuesday, July 21, 2015

40 Weeks: Bye Girl, Bye!

Happy Due Date to Me! 
Maybe? Kinda? Happy? Erm...Maybe not so much.

Honestly, I didn't think that I would write up this blog purse. Like ever. Mostly because I didn't have a blog at all this pregnancy and therefore did not think of writing this post. But also because I didn't think that this pregnancy would actually last this long.

Seriously. I thought this kid would be out like a month ago.

But alas, she is not here yet and therefore this post IS here. Enjoy!


How far along are you?: 40 weeks, 0 days...like I said earlier, today is my due date! Also, like I said earlier, I didn't think that I would be writing this post. If I had been writing posts like these from the beginning of my pregnancy, I probably wouldn't have thought that I would be writing this post! I was convinced that Little Miss would come much earlier then expected, but I was wrong and she obviously has a mind of her own already. Help me.

How are you feeling?: Tired, tired, tired. I'm also feeling a bit frustrated at this point in the waiting game because there's really nothing to report at all. Aside from a few Braxton Hicks here & there as well as some pressure in my pelvis (TMI? Sorry.), literally nothing is happening. It's killing me knowing that I'll be seeing my baby girl in just a few days but it's not happening right now and I really, really want it to happen RIGHT now. 

Total Weight Gain: As of my appointment last week, I am up about 20, maybe 25 LBs. I'm pretty happy about that. I was struggling with weight gain toward the middle of my pregnancy, but I'm glad that it's all under control now and I've barely gained weight in the latter half.

How Big Is Baby?: According to TheBump, Little Miss is as big as a watermelon. And weighs between 6.2 and 9.2 lbs. I'm hoping she's closer to the 6/7 lb mark because....I'm already nervous of having to push a watermelon out as it is.

Maternity Clothes: Honestly, the only maternity clothes that I own are maternity dresses that I bought from Motherhood a few months back. Oh and maternity shorts/cargo pants. Plus some shirts that my boss lent me. But since I'm not working right now and don't really feel the need to dress up much at all unless I'm leaving the house, I rarely wear 'em. My old dresses and most of my old shorts and tops still fit me just fine so I wear those around the house. If I even choose to wear pants, lol.

Stretch Marks: Yes. They run in my family and they are beautiful so there's that.

On Sleep: What is this sleep that you speak of? Seriously, though, I don't get enough...which is horrible because everyone keeps telling me to sleep now. Unfortunately, I cannot get comfortable AT ALL. I tend to sleep about 5 hours, tops, each night (falling asleep at 12 only to wake up at 5 is so not the business). And even when I take naps during the day, I only nap for about an hour and then I'm up again. It's great. Not really. 

Baby Movement: She's been super, super active lately...probably because she's just as frustrated as I am that there's no more room in there...but she's actually been super calm today. Hopefully, that means she's getting ready to go, go, go!

Food Cravings/Aversions: I've been craving smoothies and milkshakes...anything that goes down easily because eating actual food makes my stomach hurt. And fruits! And ice! And water! Anything light that doesn't make me feel like I'm going to puke my brains out after eating. As for aversions, FISH. Which makes me want to cry because I love fish. But the thought of sushi or poke or even cooked salmon makes me sick. I can't wait for that aversion to go away!

Belly Button In or Out: Still in. Probably never going to come out. Sad Tasia is sad.

What I Miss: Sushi. Haha...I know, I know...I JUST said that I'm not a fan of fish right now but that doesn't mean that I don't miss it! Also: medium rare steak, being able to see my feet, and sleeping on my stomach. 

Best Moment This Week: This week, I signed up to be a Younique Presenter in order to help bring in additional income for our family. I'm excited about this because these are products that I really love and I think that in order to sell something, you NEED to love it or you aren't going to go anywhere with it. Plus, I know that doing this will help me provide for Baby Girl and I only want to give her the world, ya know?

What I'm Looking Forward To: Having this kid already? Maybe not the actual labor and delivery part, but I am definitely excited to finally get to see and hold my girl for the first time. That's what pregnancy is all about, right? That first moment. I can't wait.

Milestone: "Officially" hitting Full-Term...even though I know it's technically official at 37 weeks, getting to 40 weeks is definitely an accomplishment!

And...I guess that's it! Hopefully, the next time that I get to post, I'll be a Mama! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment