Monday, December 28, 2015

2016 Reading Challenges

Hey guys!

I hope you all had a marvelous Christmas. I took a break for a few days to spend time with my family and it was much needed. I got to spend my daughterʻs first Christmas completely focused on her without any internet distractions.

It also gave me time to decide what reading challenges Iʻll be doing in 2016...thanks especially to some of your suggestions! Iʻll be sharing these challenges with yʻall in this post. Let me know what challenges youʻre doing this year && if youʻre doing any of the ones Iʻm doing!

Goodreads Challenge -- I was kinda on the fence about this one but I decided that Iʻm gonna do it! Iʻm keeping my goal at 50 books, which has been my goal for the past few years and though Iʻve exceeded that goal every year, Iʻm keeping it right there. 50 is pretty easily attainable for me without going overboard.

PopSugar Reading Challenge -- I was on the fence about this one, too, but Iʻm excited to use this challenge as a guideline to add more variety into my reading!


2016 TBR Pile Reading Challenge -- OK...raise your hand if your reading pile is bigger than you are. Right...that definitely describes me so Iʻm doing this challenge hosted by Bookish Lifestyle in hopes of tackling that ever growing TBR pile. Basically, you can read any book from any genre of any length...it just has to be from 2015 or earlier--so no 2016 ARCs or new releases. My goal is to read between 21-30 books from my TBR pile which puts me on the First Kiss tier for this challenge. Click on over to Bookish Lifestyle to learn more about the challenge and to link up!

2016 Alphabet Soup Reading Challenge -- This one is definitely more of a just-for-funsies challenge but I am so excited about it! Basically, all you have to do is read a book with a title for each letter of the alphabet. Sounds easy, but Iʻm sure that it can (and will) get challenging real fast! Head on over to Escape with Dollycas to link up and learn more!




2016 Monthly Motif Reading Challenge -- Yet another reading challenge that looks like itʻs going to be a blast. There are 12 different motifs or themes, one for each month of the year, and the challenge is to read a book that matches the motif of the month. I love that because it gives me the freedom to choose while giving me structure to work with. You can learn more about this challenge and discover the monthly motifs over at girlxoxo!

2016 Full House Reading Challenge -- No...itʻs not Full House like the TV show (but on that note, anyone else excited for Fuller House? February canʻt come quickly enough!) but it seems just as entertaining! Iʻm thinking about it like BINGO. Basically, you have to fill out a ʻcardʻ (Iʻm linking the graphic below). You can learn more about this challenge over at The Book Date.


I am so excited to get started on all of these challenges! Iʻll be posting about these challenges using the ʻ2016 Reading Challengesʻ label or you can keep up with me on my Reading Challenges page

What reading challenges are you doing this year? Feel free to link me to the reading challenges on your blogs--I would love to keep up with you all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment