Thursday, November 19, 2015

Bookish + Not So Bookish Thoughts

Linking up with Christine over at Bookishly Boisterous!


01. I think it's about time for my annual Facebook Fast in which I try to stay off a FB for a while. There is way too much negativity on that thing with Current Events and it's just too much for me.

02. I am all for people having their own opinions. I personally believe that it is healthy and important for people to form their own decisions about things. I think that it's important to voice your opinions and to stand up for what you believe in. I think voicing good, factual opinions helps other people to form their own opinions and decisions and can lead to healthy, constructive discussion. I DO NOT think that it is okay to yell at or ridicule or demean someone else just because their opinion is different from yours!


03. That being said, I also think that if we spent more time voicing our opinions to our government leaders than voicing them on FB maybe something actually could get done. No matter what your stance on the issue are, nothings going to happen if you only choose to complain on FB...complaining on social media honestly helps no one. Take all that energy/time you're wasting on social media and actually write to the government! You can contact the White House here or learn how to contact your individual state government officials here.

04. Alright...enough with the politics...I just needed to get that stuff off my shoulders. So yesterday, I watched BuzzFeed video's YouTube videos about people revisiting their first Instagram photos and their first Facebook profile pictures. Here are mine: 


(Facebook: Oh, sweet 20-year-old Tasia and Puppy!Lady...how cute and young were you two? Also...those eyebrows, doe. Thankfully we make better eyebrow choices now.)

(Instagram: 23y.o. Tasia is seriously cute...and that HAIR doe.)


05. I feel like it's taking me so long to get through books lately....I don't really know how to get out of this whole slump thing. I guess time will tell.

06. Yesterday was Mickey and Minnie's 87th birthday! Can you believe that they've been around for 87 years?! I can't even imagine my life without Mickey and Minnie (or Disney), let alone imagine the world without them. One day I'll celebrate their birthday with them....

07. I've been spending a lot of time looking at Bridesmaids dresses online lately in preparation for my BFF's wedding next September. I've found a few that I like but I don't really want to commit until I've actually tried something on...which is extremely difficult when you live in Hawaii where resources are seriously limited. I need to get on it, though...September is going to be here in no time at all!

08. I seriously, seriously need to make myself a TBR jar. I've been looking at a few on Pinterest and around the bloggy-web and I have been inspired! Plus, maybe it'll help with my whole No-Book-Buying thing...

09. I want to cut my hair because I don't think I've actually gotten a hair cut for 2 years now. My hair is ridiculously long and while I do love it, it's also ridiculously hot. And Honey is learning how to pull Mommy's hair. So I think it's time for a cut...but I don't know what to do. Any suggestions?

10. I am trying to put together a gift list for Josh. He's a huge gamer geek who loves Pokemon and playing video games. The catch: It needs to be under $20! Help??

2 comments:

  1. I know a lot of people that are on a break with social media. I totally get it and have been tempted. But on the other hand, I like to know who I'm dealing with, especially when it comes to colleagues and family members. I've had some real moments of clarification lately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of a TBR jar but I don't think it would work with me as I'm a bit of a mood reader and sometimes my experience reading a book is hampered because of the mood I was in at the time (wasn't in the mood for a literary/contemporary novel, things going on offline, etc.). But I've seen some creative TBR jars out there! Hope it works out should you go ahead and make one :)

    ReplyDelete